Thursday, June 14, 2012

Graduation Card

Hi Crafty Peeps! I hope you all are having a great week!

I made a graduation card for a young man of a family that we have been friends with for several years. My children have had such a wonderful time with their children. It's hard to believe that they are growing up so fast!

Since this card is for a young man I wanted to keep away from anything cutsie.


I created this card after seeing one similar on my friend, Robin's blog, Robin's Creative Cottage.  Here is the direct link to her card: Robin's Card


This is a picture of the card opened.


Here I just wanted to show you another view.

My card base was created with black cardstock from DCWV. All my designer paper is from Echo Park's This & That "Charming". I inked all my edges with Ranger Distress Ink in Teas Dye.


All of the sentiments on this card are from Scrappy Moms Stamps. "Hats off to You" is from "School Days." I used a Fiscars circle punch and scallop punch to frame this sentiment.


"Congratulations" came from Scrappy Moms Stamps "Mini Messeges." For "Class of 2012" I did a little masking using a couple of stamps from "School Days." The 2012 was stamped from "Hooray for Birthdays." You can find all of these stamps --> HERE

I created a pocket for a gift card and edged it with a Fiscars border punch.


I created a tassel with some embroidery floss and attached it with a brad.

This was fun to make and really did take that long. I think it is perfect for any grad.

Thanks for stopping today! Come back tomorrow for some sneak peeks of Scrappy Moms Stamps June Release!

Until then...
Happy Crafting!






2 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Your card is absolutely fantastic! love the design and the paper choices.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

bonnie said...

Oh so much fun...I love it! ;) Hugs x