Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Sunny Hello and A Diva Duel!

Well, not really a Diva Duel!

Starting today the Craftin Desert Divas design team is doing something special called Two for Tuesdays!

Two for Tuesday will feature 2 designers using the same image from one of the Craftin Desert Divas stamp sets. The two designers collaborate and decide what the image will be and both will make something with that image.

It is really fun to see what each designer will create.

I collaborated with Leah and we decided to use the cute little girl from the CDD Beach Bound set.

I am always in awe with Leah's creativity and cannot wait for you to see her card.

Here is my card using that sweet little girl.


This card was a lot of inky fun. To create my beach background I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks. For the sky I used: Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, and Abandoned Coral. To create my ocean I used: Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean.  Of course, my scene would not be complete without some sand. I used the Outdoor Landscape Dies and more Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo to get the look I wanted to achieve.


My images were colored with Copic markers. The sentiment, starfish, and little girl are all from CDD Beach Bound stamp set. To balance the card out, I stamped the little sandcastle from CDD Crabby stamps. For a little bling I added a few gems and a bit of Wink of Stella to my little girl's sunglasses.

Make sure to head on over to the Craftin Desert Diva's Blog to see how Leah used this cute little image. 

You can visit Leah's Blog HERE

Thanks for joining me today!!




4 comments:

Crafter said...

Love your card! Did you use watercolor paper for the background? Did you stamp the images directly on the project or are ther cut out? I'm just curious! I love the techniques that you used!

Kathy Salido said...

Oh Saundra, just love the card. the scence you created and the colors you used are just fabulous!!

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! This looks Fabulous Saundra! LOVE all the different colors making that beautiful background scene! Lovely! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Donna K said...

So amazing, Saundra! Fabulous job on the "Diva Duel" lady. Love the sunset and water scene you created.