Monday, September 21, 2015

Celebrate ~ CDD Linky Party


Today is the Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party hosted by Tara of Craftin Desert Divas! Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly linky party and you could win fabulous prizes!!

 Welcome to our mid post for this week's "Favorite Color Combo" challenge.

Here is what I created.


My youngest sister's birthday is coming up very soon so I thought this would be the perfect time to create here birthday card. She doesn't follow my blog or is on Facebook so I am pretty safe posting it before her birthday!

I wish this picture truly showed the colors. The base of the card is a pretty pinky peach color. I layered a piece of gold shimmer vellum on top of the base. It is such a subtle detail but I love when it catches the light. The next layer is a mint patterned paper that I die cut with CDD Fancy Frames Dies.


A piece of acetate with some gold bows was layered on top of the mint. I, then added a strip of the gold shimmer vellum and some peachy ombre' paper. I actually adhere the strips of paper down first before I sent the mint panel through my Big Shot.

I stamped my sentiment from CDD Say It Big sentiments then I added my embellishments.


The card is embellished with die cuts made from CDD Party Dies. I used gold cardstock to create the banner and one of the balloons. The gold theme was carried through to the strings on the balloons and the bow on the present.

Visit Craftin Desert Divas for all the rules and to play along. 
This week we have some fabulous sponsors.



To link up your "Favorite Color Combo" project go on over to Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party page to get all the details!

For more inspiration and to share your Craftin Desert Divas projects join the Craftin Desert Divas Gallery on Facebook.


2 comments:

Tina H said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the colors and patterns! So very lovely Saundra :)

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is so pretty Saundra! Love the papers!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations