Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Party Time ~ Repost

Hi There! I told you that I would come back to give your details on the the scrapbook layout I posted over the weekend with some better pictures.

This layout was totally fun to make. And just to remind you I submitted it into My Craft Spot ~ Cuddly Critters challenge and Peachy Keen's Lets Face It Friday challenge ~ designer's choice.

Here are some better pictures and details:

You may want to click on the image to make it bigger.

As you can see this is a 2 page layout. I started with Kraft Cardstock and layered it with patterned paper from Ki Memories. The patterend paper for my title comes from My Mind's Eye Summer Song stack.

Here's a close up of the first page.

All the critters on this page, the tree branch, and stump were all cut from Create A Critter cartridge. I used Co'Ordinations and Bazzil cardstock. The cake was cut from Birthday Bash cartridge. I added stickles in Baby Blue, Orange Peel, and Lime green to the cake.  The birthday hat on the owl comes from Simply Charmed cartridge. For the deer I added Purple stickles to her collar and her face was stamped with a Peachy Keen stamp as was the owl and hedge hog.

PKS sets used were:
PK-754 Critter Face Assortment Medium (hedge hog and owl)
PK-641 Princess Faces 1 1/8 (deer) I just used part of the face.

Here you can see the hidden tag. I just hand cut the tag and added some ribbon I picked up at JoAnns.

Here is a close up of the second page.

For my title I used Pooh Font cartridge. It is one of my favorite font cartridges. Again, I used Create A Critter cartridge for my skunk and caterpiller. I used Simply Charmed for the gift and Birthday Bash for the bird and ballon and for the ice cream. I added stickles in Lime Green, Xmas Red, and Cotton Candy to all the spinkles on the ice cream. I also added Ranger Glossy Accents to the cherry as well as all the eyes and some of the noses on my critters. Love using Glossy Accents!

Peachy Keen Stamps used here are :
PK-754 Critter Faces Medium (bird and caterpiller)
PK-757 Wide Eyed and Bushy Tailed Face Assortment (skunk)

Other miscellaneous info:

I used my Sakura Gelly Roll pen in white for highlighting and Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye for all my inking around the edges. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the owl and bird using Swiss Dots and the cake, ice cream, and gift were embossed with D'Vine Swirls.

So there you have it! I hope you all have a super day!

I am adding this to linking party over on Alex's Blog:






Happy Crafting!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! Such great colors. It's wonderful how everything comes together so nice. You really made a fun party scene :)

Unknown said...

I totally LOVE this LO. Thanks for coming back and posting all the details:) So much work went into this but it was worth it because it is magnificant:)

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Love your layout...so adorable. TFS! ~ Shen

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness...look at all those adorable little critters! What a fun layout, I really love the happy scene you have set! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely Adorable!!! I <3 it! -Sam :-)

scrappinC said...

Super cute layout. The little animals are all adorable.
Cindy Lou

janner said...

I absolutely love the layout. Create a critter is my fav cart.
Thanks for sharing.
Jan

Sherrie K. said...

What a cute party layout. These critters are just darling. I love the paper you used too:) Great job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Arcy Scraps said...

Very cute layout! Create a Critter is def a must have!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your layout. I ordered from Peachy Keen last night 6/11/11. They are having a customer appreciation sale and 99 cent shipping is in effect all thru Jun.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com