Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Warmies FCCB #42

Happy Monday Crafty Friends!

It's Monday so that means it's time for another Fantabulous Crciut "Challenge Me Monday!" Todays challenge is "Winter Warmies." Create something using things you would wear to keep you warm in the winter. For this challenge I created a shaped card.
Here is what I used to make this card:
Cricut Cartridges ~ Everyday Paper Dolls, Tags, Bags, Boxes, & More
Gypsy ~ the mittens from this cartridge come in pairs so the first thing I did was "hide" one of the mittens. Once that was done I copied the mitten I wanted to use and flipped it and welded the 2 together. I also cut 2 more mittens, one in white and one in blue. I glued the blue one on top of my welded base so that it would hide the fold. I then cut the bottom off the white mitten to create a white cuff.
Cardstock ~ from my stash
Cuttlebug ~ Houndstooth embossing folder
White Fun Flock ~  I used this on the whilte cuff
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Martha Stewart Gem
Ribbon ~ Hobby Lobby
Sentiment ~ Computer generated

Head on over to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog to check out what the rest of the Fantabulous designers have created. I invite each one of you to participate in the challenge. Who knows! You could be the winner of the great prize this week!

Happy Crafting!
~Saundra



15 comments:

Josie0602 said...

Super cute card! I love the mitten being embossed with the Houndstooth folder.

the cricutologist said...

I love this card! I love the ribbon, snowflake, bling accent! The fun flock is my favorite though! So cool!

Helen said...

Very pretty! I just love the shaped cards, but can't pull it off as well as you :)

Summer said...

So cute, Love it and good luck with your challenge!

Sharon said...

This is just wonderful! Love the embossing!! :)

DH said...

Very nice!

~Dawn
http://latenightscraper.blogspot.com/

Glora said...

Very pretty. I love the dry embossing on it. Hugs- Glora

JennyKozar said...

This is really pretty. I love the colors you used.

Runnergirl Creations said...

Great card! I like the embossed paper! Blessings!

Kate said...

This is such a pretty mitten card! What a perfect choice for embossing and the transparent ribbon is a fabulous touch. Great job!!

CricutLvr!! said...

Awwwwwe. What a sweet card this is. The embossing looks beautiful!!
Is this a new blog theme too? It looks great!!

Rhonda Emery said...

love the embossed mittens.

My First Card said...

I love the color. Very winter and soothing. Who receives this will be smitten :)

My First Card said...

I'm ur newest follower too. Thank u so much for stopping by my blog. Xoxo.

Valerie said...

Cute shaped card!