Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sweets and Treats ~ SMS Terrific Tuesday Challenge

Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!

Today's post is for Scrappy Moms Stamps Terrific Tuesday Challenge. Instead of a cartridge challenge we are doing 3d challenge with an added twist to include baker's twine, a button, or both.

I decided to make a treat box.




I've had the idea for this box ever since Scrappy Moms Stamps came out with the "Bewitched" stamps. I just never got around to making it for the release.

For my box I cut two shadow pieces from My Community Cricut cartridge then I cut all the layers. I used my Gypsy to hide some of the lines that I didn't want to use. I cut two pieces of the awning and popped up the top layer.

I ran my candy store through the cuttlbug using the Tiny Mosaic embossing folder and the awning was embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I added a scalloped piece of My Mind's Eye "Stella and Rose" patterned paper to the bottom. This was punched with a Fiscars punch.

The sign was cut from Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge. I inked it with some Stampin' Up! Blushing Bride ink. I stamped it with Scrappy Moms Stamps "Bewitched" set and added some Bo Bunny gems.  All other pieces were inked with Ranger Distress ink in Tea Dye.

Finally, I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the door and added a heart brad for the knob. I, also, added some Backer's Twine, which can be purchased from Scrappy Moms Stamps, to the front of the store and tied my goody bag with it.

I really love how this turned out!

Now, it's your turn! Head over to Scrappy Moms Stamps to see what my design team sisters have put together. It is sure to inspire you! We would be thrilled if you played along!

Thanks for stopping!

15 comments:

teachdanz said...

sooo cute!! you are so creative:-)

Kelly Krocker Kreates said...

This is beautiful! I absolutely love it! This would make a great party favor.

Nicole Wright Designs said...

OHHHHH WOW! This is so super cute! Love everything about it.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow! this is tooo stinkin' cute!!!!

Amy said...

This is really cute- I just love the embossing- it really adds to the little bag/box- what a neat gift for someone! :)Amy

Sherrie K. said...

LOVE this Saundra!! This treat bag is just adorable. I love the pretty pink, cute embossing and darling sentiment. Cute heart door knob:) super cute!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

scrappy critters said...

This is soo absolutely adorable Saundra. I am IN LOVE with it...looks just like a sweet shop.

♥Tammy

Pat N. said...

I love it! That is the cutest treat box I've ever seen. So appropriate for those SWEEEEETS!-Pat N.

Michelle said...

How CUTE!!! I LOVE the "cobble" look to it using the mosaic folder. It came out adorable!

Hugs,
Michelle

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

OMGosh!!!! This is soooo cute!!! I have wanted that cart forever and now I really want it!

Ruthie :)

Glora said...

Your sweets and treats store turned out AWESOME!!!! I LOVE this idea! SO very cute!!!! Hugs- Glora

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Adorable treat box!!! :)

Live Love and Scrap said...

I dont know if you heard me but I gasped SO LOUD when I saw this!!! It is SOOOOO flippin adorable I dont even know what to do =)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
hugs,
Sarah

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Gorgeous! Wow...I love this, all that pink is just fabulous. The embossing is just perfect and your sign is adorable...toooo sweet!

Creative Diva said...

Love the treat box. It's just too adorable.

Hugs,
Patty