Saturday, March 3, 2012

Shop Pumpkin Spice "Boy Crazy" Blog Hop

Hi Everyone! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!

It's the first Saturday in March and that means it's time for a Shop Pumpkin Spice Blog Hop. This month's hop theme is "Boy Crazy." All of the designers have a male themed project that includes a challenge: Use at least one circle, twine, and at least one button.

If you came from Courtney's blog, Court's Crafts, then you are on the right path. If you just happened upon my blog then you will want to head over to the Pumpkin Spice Blog to start from the beginning. This hop is a great way to get some good ideas for those difficult male projects.

I created a card using Echo Park's "A Boy's Life" 6x6 paper pad.


I am so pleased with the way this card came out. It could be used as a birthday, congratulations, or encouragement card. Echo Park's "A Boy's Life" is filled with wonderful designs and I know I will get a lot of use out of this pad.

I used my Cricut Expression and my Gypsy to cut out my shapes. I then inked all my edges with Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye. I added some wooden buttons from my stash and inked them, also. I added The Twinery Twine in Pea Pod and Lemondrop to my buttons.

These items can be found at Shop Pumpkin Spice:
The Twinery Baker's Twine in Pea Pod and Lemondrop

Other items used:
Gypsy Wanderings ~ scalloped circle
Plantin Schoolbook ~ circle
Cricut Lite Chore Chart ~ stars
Ranger Distress Ink "Tea Dye"
buttons from my stash

Did you see Shop Pumpkin Spice's new March Kit "Boy Crazy"? No? Well, let me share.


Isn't it fabulous? you get a lot in this kit for an awesome price!

Here is what is included:
36 – Unique 6” x 6”
Papers from the following lines:
Echo Park “A Boy’s Life” 6 x 6 Paper Pad (12 different double-sided designs)
Bo Bunny “Ad Lib” 6 x 6 Paper Pad (12 different designs)
Authentique “Gathering” 6 x 6 Paper Pad (12 different double-sided designs)
8 - Sheets of Bazzill Cardstock in 4 coordinating colors (Irish Eye’s, Yam, Honey, Deep Blue)
3 yards of My Mind’s Eye Lush 2 trims in Navy Blue (1 yard in each design)
9 yards of My Mind’s Eye “Lime Twist” Twine in 3 different colors: 3 yards of each colorPlayful Remember Smile
1 – Yard of Creative Impressions Twill in Oatmeal
3 – Mini clothes pins
9 – My Mind’s Eye Lush 2 Journal Cards in Orange
4 – My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose Title Cards
1 – Set of My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose “Happy” decorative brads (31 brads per set)
1 – 8 piece Button collection (Mixture of Stella & Rose and Lost & Found 2 Collections)
1 – Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Paint 1.35oz Pixie Dust
RETAIL $37.81
SPS $15.95

You can find it---> HERE


Ann from Rain Drop Echo Designs will be featuring this kit in her projects all this month on the Pumpkin Spice Blog.

Now it's your turn. You can win the April Kit, which hasn't been revealed yet.
All you have to do is:

1. Comment on all the blogs in the hop
2. Participate in the challenge

**For a double entry, buy the March kit and use it in your project.
This is a month long challenge so you have plenty of time to enter. I can't wait to see all your "Boy Crazy" projects!

Now head on over to Carissa's blog: Happily Ever Crafter


18 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Love the layering and the buttons, and the papers you've used are awesome!
Nat -x-

June Houck said...

Saundra, this is wonderful! So happy and colorful; love it :)

Amy said...

Pretty card! Love the buttons :)Amy

Kim's Kreations said...

The paper is great. I will have to get that pad, most everything I have is frilly or pastels, not good for making guy cards. I like that you didn't put a sentiment so it can used for any occasion.
Ogdendoll@gmail.com

Court said...

Saundra, this is GREAT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those stars and those wooden buttons! So sweet!

DIANA L. said...

Great guy card. Colors are nice and and I really like your use of the elements
DIANA L.

Sheila said...

this is really nice!

SugarGem said...

Totally cute. Love the A symmetry of the card and your colors.

Unknown said...

I really like your card
Love the distressing
The papers are perfect together

Chriss America Real said...

I love the colors that you used and the way you layered this card!

Hey, stop by my blog if you get a chance, I am giving away a really cool prize.

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Hugs,

Chriss

Unknown said...

totally loving that color combo!
Great card!

Cathie Rigby said...

One of my favorites!! Love your color combination and the button just perfect. TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Lezlye said...

I love the way this turned out Too!

Karen said...

wonderful papers for your amazing design

Lisa R. said...

Great papers and layering. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

marg0006 said...

Great looking card.

marg0006@verizon.net

Tami G said...

So multi functional.. Love it.

Ryann said...

Such a fun card! I love that there isn't a sentiment on it.