Monday, April 25, 2011

Mums The Word

Happy Monday!

It's time for another challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. This week "Challenge Me Monday" is Moms the Word. Use the word mom, mother, mum on a project. This is a great challenge to get a head start on your Mother's Day cards. After all, Mother's Day is May 8th. I definately took the opportunity to make a card for my mother-in-law.

I love making shaped cards and decided that the pitcher with flowers from Country Life would make a pretty card. Here is another pic from a different angle.

I love to add a little decorative paper inside to give it a finished look. I cut the flowers twice and pop-dotted them for a little added dimension. I also made faux chipbord letters. I cut 2 layers out of cereal boxes and one layer out of patterned paper. I guess my card would be considered a faux shaped card, too. I just cut 2 shadow layers and scored one at the top. I, then, use my atg on the top portion of the scroed layer and adhere both layers together. I really like this method because you don't get flattened shapes.

Here is what was used:
Country Life Cricut cartridge ~ All cuts
DCWV Rustic Stack
Ranger Distress Ink ~ Tea Dye
Recollection Gems
Hemp
White Gelly Roll Pen

Please go check out all the fantabulous creations that my fellow design team members have for you over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. You are sure to be inspired.

Join us in creating this week. I can't wait to see what you all do!

Happy Crafting!

20 comments:

Melissa said...

Fabulous card!

Dina said...

beautiful! Hugs! Dina

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is Amazing!Great detail on it.Beautiful flowers,I love eveything about it! :)

buglvr2010 said...

beautiful!

ShersL84bed said...

I love it. Its beautiful. I am having a card blog hop with shaped cards on May 15th if you would like to join email me at ShersL84bed@aol.com
Your cards are wonderful.

Smiles Sher

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is just a wonderful, sweet, charming little card! Love the colors and patterns. And, of course, all your inking and great details...beautiful!

Sarah said...

Stunning! Great work :)

Kate said...

I love this! The designer paper is gorgeous. What a clever idea to create the faux chipboard letters as well. I've never tried that before. This is a beautiful card, Saundra!

Lisa Norris said...

What a pretty shape card! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

RobinH said...

what a cute card! I love everything about it

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Hi Saundra

Your cards are soo beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

I have given you an award at http://craftychickcards.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html

Happy Crafting
Sam xx

Paula said...

Love this card! It would be perfect for my Mom. TFS

Cricutjunkie said...

I wanted to thank you again for my prize PKS. I did recceive them in the mail. PS really nice card, I love the MUM idea I may have to use it. Thanks again Traci

Sherrie K. said...

I just love your card! This shaped card turned out so cool! Great job!
Sherrie K

Denise said...

B E A U T I F U L !!!


dendearmas@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful! I love it!

Dana said...

This is really pretty. I don't have that cartridge.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

This is such a darling card! That is my most favorite cut from the Country Living cart. Love how you made the flowers 3-d.

Ruthie :)

Eva Friesen said...

Love this Card, with Mother's Day coming up I will have to attempt this Card

Matt said...

Gorgeous card, I wish you had simple step-by-step instructions and a template for a newbie like me to make.