Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A little Male Inspiration

Hi There! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!
 
Today I am sharing a card that was requested by my son. He told me, "Mom, you make good stuff." How could I not make him a card aft that! :)
 
My son asked me to make a thank you card for a co-worker that took care of him while he was having oral surgery. My son is in the military so mom couldn't be there to take care of him. :(
 
His co-worker is a man so I set out to make a male thank you card.
 
 
I used the patterned paper that I got from Shop Pumpkin Spice as my inspiration for this card. The patterned paper is from Echo Park's A Boy's Life. This is an older paper pack and is no longer available but there is so much to see at Shop Pumpkin Spice and the prices are fabulous!
 
My card base is 4.25" x 5.5". I ran the kraft paper through my paper crimper and inked it up with some Ranger Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.
 
I layered two patterned pieces on that. I created the gear shaped using my Gypsy and the Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge. I just found a shape that looked close to the one in my top piece of patterned paper sized it to the size I wanted. Using the same shape in a smaller size, centered it inthe larger shape and cut. All of my pieces were inked with the same Vintage Photo ink.
 
I added another crimped piece of kraft to the center and layered another patterned paper on that. To finish off my card I added some jute.
 
My sentiment comes from Scrappy Moms Stamps "Everyday Greetings" set.
 
Here is the inside of the card:
 
 
I am linking this up to the following challenges:
 The Kraft Journal ~ Crimp or Fold.
Pumpkin Spice ~ New Year ( I used a new technique for me )
 
There is still time to play in the current Pumpkin Spice Challenge. The theme is New Year. Please be patient with the Pumpkin Spice Blog. It does take a bit to load.
 
Come back tomorrow to see the rest of the 2013 calendar I have created! If you missed my first post, you can see it HERE.
 
Thank you for stopping!
Until next time...
Happy Crafting!
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Great man card...it's so hard not to bling and glitter up a card. Lee-Ann :)

Migdalia said...

A wonderful card!

Crafty Moni said...

What a perfect man card:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this cool theme. What a creative card. Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week, and please come back soon. Very fun card!
Blessings,
Karen
The Kraft Journal

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Great cars Saundra I like those gear shapes!!!

Georgiana said...

Looking good!

DIANA L. said...

I really like the masculine look to this great papers. I love EP

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, great guy card! Fun gears and love the vintage feel!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Mary Ann said...

Super cute,great mans card...

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

aawww...who could refuse a request like that? What a great "guy" card. Those gears are just perfect and I love the patterns you used - great card!