Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birthday Fishes!

Hi There! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!
 
I wanted to share a card that I created for the Pumpkin Spice Challenge. This week's challenge is Blue, White, and something Round.
 
For my card I wanted to use my new Paper Smooches stamps that I received from Shop Pumpkin Spice. This was the first time ever using Paper Smooches and I have to say, I LOVE THEM!
 
The set I am using is called "Birthday Buddies."
 
 
I started with a kraft card base then layered another kraft layer. I inked both layers with Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye.
 
I cut circles in several different sizes and embossed my white circle with the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder.

 
My center circle was layered on a rosette the I created with the Tim Holtz Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Paper Rosettes. This is about $6.00 cheaper at Shop Pumpkin Spice compared to my local craft stores!
 
I stamped my fish on some patterned paper from Echo Park and added a googly eye. I stamped the bubbles that come with the PS set and then added gems.
 
My sentiment is also from the same Paper Smooches set. You can see all the Paper Smooches Stamps that are available at Shop Pumpkin Spice HERE.
 
I used a sketch from Deconstructing Jen.
 
 
Come check out the challenge on the Pumpkin Spice Blog. There is a brand new challenge every Saturday and runs from Saturday to the following Friday. We would love for you to join us!
 
I am adding this card to the following challenges:
 
Pumpkin Spice ~ Blue, White, Something Round
Deconstructed ~ Sketch #86
My Craft Spot ~ Wish Big
Party Time Tuesday ~ #105 Anything Goes
 
 
 

18 comments:

June Houck said...

Adorable and fab use of that sketch!!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Just DARLING! Love the rosette, and the bubble embossed papers!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

Super cute!

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable...love the rosette too! Lee-Ann :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

how darling, saundra!

DIANA L. said...

Your card is beautiful I love the color of your fish and the rosette is awesome!!

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

L.B. said...

Your google eye fish looks so great swimming in these "bubble" Love the dimension on them.

Cindy Beland said...

SUPER cute birthday card Saundra!the little fish is so sweet and I LOVE the google eye!!!:)

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! I love your paper piecing and his cute google eye. Thank you for joining our challenge at Pumpkin Spice!

Missy said...

So cute Saundra, I love how you incorporated the circles and the rosette!!

Pam said...

Your card is so cute!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Saundra ~ Oh my GOODNESS ~ I LVOe it! Those colors and circle with Kraft paper ~ STUNNING! Then the pop of orange for that fish ~ FABULOUS!!! I want this card!! Too ADORBS!! I need this die too ~ they are always out at my local store ~ might have to pop over to Pumpkin Spice!! Have a wonderful day too!

Sandra MacLean said...

How stinkin' adorable!!! I adore this card! Fantastic job! Now you've got me wanting that Tim Holtz die too! lol :) Thanks for joining us at Deconstructing Sketches this week!

Shelly said...

Oh you are just so CREATIVE! I love the embossed bubble idea - SUPER cute and that fishy - oh my gosh adorable!

Thanks so much for joining the "Birthday" challenge at Little Scrap Pieces.
Shelly

Sherrie K. said...

Check out this card...sooo cute Saundra! I just love the embossed circles and the sweet fish popped up on that awesome rosette! Fun design!
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at LSP!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

Fabulous card Saundra! I love the fish on the rosette and the embossed circles! Fantastic layout too! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Lisa said...

I love this!! That fish is absolutely adorable!! The embossing and the rosette are so awesome!! What a fabulous card!! Thanks so much for joining us at LSP :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Little Scrap Pieces DT

Karen said...

omg love that google eye fish reminds me of finding nemo. adorable thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen