Friday, January 11, 2013

Thinking of You!

Hi There! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!
 
Today I have a card to share that has taken me 3 days to complete! Why three days? Well this is the first time I have ever colored fur so my first attempt did go so well and in the trash it went. :/
 
Then, I decided to give it another try. It still needs a little work but I like this one much better. :)
 

 
This cute little bear is from the newly released add-on sets from Peachy Keen Stamps PK-159 Thinking of You Bear. Isn't he cute! The sentiment is from this set also.
 
 
I colored my bear with Copic markers and paper-pieced the heart. I added some Ranger Glossy accents to his eyes and nose for some shine.
 
I used the following sketch from the deconstructed Sketch blog.
 
 
Here is my supply list:
 
Peachy Keen Stamps ~ PK-159 Thinking of You Bear
Peachy Keen Stamps ~ PKSC-13 January 2013 ( small heart next to the sentiment )
MME Lost & Found Blush 6x6 paper pad ( this has been in my stash for months )
MME Lost & Found Blush "Sweet" Pearls ( this has been in my stash for months, also!)
Ranger Glossy Accents
Roses (I've had these in my stash for over a year!)
Sizzix Hearts Embossing Folder
Fiscars 1.5" circle punch
Fiscars 1.75" scallop punch
Ranger Distress Ink ~ Vintage Photo
 
I am adding this to the following challenges:
 
Use It Tuesday ~ Make it Sparkle
 
Well, that's it for me today! I hope you all have a great weekend!
 
Until next time...
Happy Crafting!
 
 
 

25 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Wow....the fur colouring is fabulous!
Lee-Ann :)

Beckie said...

WOW! Your coloring is fabulous! Looks like he's got a shiny, soft coat.

Be blessed, Beckie

Glora said...

HOLY MOLY, this is amazing. It really does look like fur and almost 3D with the highlights and all. SO cool! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Nancy Keller said...

What a cute bear!! I love your sketch card!

Robin said...

Love this! You did an amazing job. If the other one was 1/2 as good as this one, you shouldn't have thrown it away. You could have sent it to me lol. Have a great day!
(:(:smiles:):)

Robin

Sherrie K. said...

You did a FABULOUS job on the coloring! Your take on the sketch is awesome and LOVE your darling design! So sweet Saundra:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

Saundra this is AWESOME! You colored the fur perfectly...wanna teach me? LOL! Fantastic card!

Missy said...

WOW Saundra, look at that coloring---terrfic!! The whole card is adorable, but that bear really pops out at you!!! :)

Cindy Beland said...

Saundra,your card is just GORGEOUS with all the pretty details and your bear is ADORABLE!FANTASTIC job with your coloring!!!:)

Mary Ann said...

Awesome!Super cute card,love the stamp,great job on your coloring...

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is SOOOO adorable! Your coloring is AMAZING!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE this color combo...in fact I have a card on my blog with the same combo! Adorable image. colored fantastic!

Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you again soon.

Jenn

Unknown said...

love all of your stuff!!! would love for you to follow me too :)

http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Robin

janner said...

Your colouring looks amazing. The bear is precious. Thanks for sharing.
thejanner@xcelco.on.ca

Kathy Salido said...

Such a pretty card, I think your coloring looks great!

linda1529 said...

I cannot see how this could be any better! Excellent work!! TFS!!

Marlene said...

Saundra - Your "Fur" coloring turned out AMAZING! I LOVE your take on the sketch and the paper combo you used! Just Adorable!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Your sweet card just makes me smile everytime I look at that darling bear! You did such an amazing job on this little guy - just beautiful!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so sweet! Beautiful take on the sketch!

Scrappy Chick said...

Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
What an adorable card! i love the combination of textures.

Kim H said...

Saundra ~ First of all you are lucky I don't know where you live because I would be looking through your trash for the first bear ~ you NEVER make anything bad ~ EVER!! This is simply AMAZING!! I LOVE that bear and how you did the fur look to him! Eeel! What afun design and oh my the little details!! BEAUTIFUL and CUTE at the same time!!

Jen Shults said...

This is so pretty! I LOVE kraft and pink together!! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

Stephanie U said...

What a cute card! The coloring looks great. Thanks for digging into your stash and playing along with us at UIT!

Kate said...

This is such a sweet card! Your fur looks fabulous to me! I can't even handle single colours so I'm beyond impressed with the look you've achieved!! WOW!

Denine said...

oh my goodness Saundra... this card is so cute!
hugs,